viernes, marzo 03, 2006

Setting the record straight on Dianne, or, HR 4437--not to be confused with H5N1

In my earlier post about the Manifestacion Pro-Inmigrante, I inadvertently confused two separate messages from my dear Pen Pal.


Dear Ms. Ktrion:

Thank you for writing to me about the "Border Protection, Antiterrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act of 2005" (H.R. 4437). I appreciate hearing your views on this bill and the issue of immigration, and I welcome the opportunity to respond.

The House of Representatives passed H.R. 4437 on December 16th and the bill was then referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee for consideration. The Judiciary Committee, of which I am a member, may consider immigration reform legislation this year. Chairman Specter has already expressed an interest in crafting a comprehensive immigration reform bill based on pending Senate bills.

I do not support H.R. 4437, the House passed bill. Although this bill is not presently scheduled for hearings in the Senate Judiciary Committee, I do not anticipate that the Senate will pass it in its present form. Know that I will keep your comments in mind as the Senate moves forward on immigration reform.

Again, thank you for writing. I hope that you will continue to write to me on issues of importance to you.

Best regards.
Sincerely yours,
Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator


and so you see that Dianne does not support HR 4437, and that at least is a good thing. the other message with which I confused it was regarding amnesty for undocumented workers:


Dear M. Ktrion:

Thank you for writing me about a possible blanket amnesty. I appreciate hearing from you.

I do not support blanket amnesty for illegal immigrants. As the daughter of a Russian immigrant, I understand the hope and the optimism with which countless others view our country. I believe America is rooted in a tradition of newcomers working hard and building a better life for themselves and their families. We must balance this tradition, however, with our ability to integrate new immigrants into the American society that follow the proper channels to legal immigration. Our ability to accept immigrants and our immigration policy must support and strengthen families, create economic opportunities, increase scientific and cultural resources, and fulfill humanitarian commitments.

Again, thank you for writing to me. If you have any further questions or comments on this or any other issue, please do not hesitate to call my Washington, D.C. staff at (202) 224-3841.

Sincerely yours,
Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator


As the daughter of Russian immigrants and as the Senator from California, Dianne ought to be aware of the pro-European, anti-American [meaning Latin/Indigenous America] bias to US immigration policies. We in the College of Ethnic Studies would be more than happy to arrange a lesson. Right after the SFPD has its lesson on racial profiling.

No hay comentarios.: